ACCENT customizes every study abroad program, crafting them to fit specialty academic disciplines and even cross-disciplinary topics. By matching our extensive local resources to your program goals, we help you create an academically challenging study abroad experience that will invigorate students and offer them every opportunity to engage with their host country. Resources at your disposal include:
ACCENT adds value to each study abroad program by helping colleges and universities turn an academic curriculum into a complete cross-cultural exploration. Examples of activities to enhance coursework include:
- Guest lectures with academics and field experts from the host-city, as well as a wide network of professionals across industries, including business executives, foreign journalists, government representatives, museum curators, architects, fashion designers, filmmakers, and authors, to name a few.
- Workshops with local professionals in any number of fields, including architecture, healthcare, design, engineering, advertising, and business.
- Ideas for innovative site visits and on-site lectures to create a strong connection between program learning objectives and the host-city.
- Private visits to sites not open to the public, such as historically significant homes, art restoration studios, parliaments and embassies, and multinational corporations.
- Special invitations to cultural events at local academic institutions, and opportunities to meet other international students through social gatherings.
Expert Host Country Faculty
Host country faculty – with unique local insight and in-depth cultural knowledge – enrich ACCENT programs immeasurably. Coordinating with the sponsoring college or university, ACCENT arranges for host country faculty to teach semester-long courses, serve as guest speakers, or lead seminars, according to program needs. All host country faculty members can teach in their native language or in English, and have experience teaching American students in conjunction with U.S. institutions.
Superior Overseas Partner Institutions
In each city, ACCENT has partnered with distinguished institutions of higher learning to provide U.S. study abroad students with the greatest diversity of course offerings. Through these carefully vetted partnerships, students attend some of Europe’s best institutions and benefit from an invaluable cross-cultural experience.
Flexible Program Structures
ACCENT helps each college or university identify the ideal format for a specific study abroad program. Programs can range from a full year, semester, or summer, to one- to two-week seminars and workshops. Both undergraduate and graduate levels of instruction are available, and programs may take place in one or more ACCENT location, with extended excursions to other European cities.
The majority of ACCENT partners use one of the following program models for programs of any length:
- Faculty-led: The sponsoring U.S. school brings its own faculty to teach the program curriculum.
- Host Country Faculty: The sponsoring U.S. school engages qualified faculty from the host country to teach the program curriculum.
- Direct Enrollment: The sponsoring U.S. school chooses a distinguished host country school to offer a full-year, semester, or summer study experience.
- Hybrid: The sponsoring U.S. school combines two or more of the above options, for example a faculty-led program supplemented by courses taught by host country faculty.
Internships and Service Learning
ACCENT arranges for outstanding internship and service learning opportunities to give students rewarding connections with local businesses and charities. Internships typically last a full semester and take place within the business arenas of public relations, fashion, broadcast news, and print journalism, to name a few. Service learning positions are usually shorter in length, and may involve activities such as serving as a teacher’s aide, translator, or animal caregiver.
Please contact the ACCENT Program Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about developing a program with ACCENT, or to request a quote.